This page contains safety related information for BRL members.
- BRL Safety Manual (V1.2, 13-June-2017)
- University of Washington Laboratory Safety Manual
- BRL Members: log your safety training HERE
In Case of Accident or “near miss”
- Notify your PI and the lab manager as soon as possible of your accident, incident, or near miss. Then proceed to Step 2.
- Fill out the online accident report (OARS) form and submit it within 24 hours. The supervisor, lab manager, or person who had the accident can fill out the form.
- For any serious accidents and each time a visit to the hospital is needed, call EH&S at 543-7262 within 4 hours (during regular business hours). After regular business hours, call UW Police at 206-685-UWPD (8973) and they will notify EH&S. Do not clean up or move any equipment involved in a serious accident until EH&S has received clearance from State investigators.
NOTE: FOR ANY LIFE THREATENING INCIDENT, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY